Instant-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 tablespoon ghee or olive oil
2 leeks- sliced thin
1 tablespoon chopped oregano
2 cups shredded cabbage
4 cloves garlic- chopped
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 -28 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
1 cup black beans – cooked from dry beans(preferred) or canned
1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce (optional) this will make the
soup pretty spicy!
4 chicken cutlets- cut into strips
6 – 8 cups of chicken broth (organic) or bone broth
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- On instant pot choose Saute selection. Heat olive oil, or Ghee ( I use Ghee) unitl hot and add in leeks. Allow leeks to become transluscent, about 3 -5 minutes. Add in the cabbage and saute for another 2-3 minutes until cabbage is wilted, then add in the tomatoes and stir, saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add in oregano , garlic and other spices mix well.
- Add in beans , chicken , broth and salt and pepper. Mix well, and turn off pot.
- Place lid on instant pot and use the manual pressure setting and set for 12 minutes on high pressure.
- Serve and add cilantro and sliced avocado for garnish