The most addictive granola in the word!!
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
1/3 cup brown sugar
4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup oil- ( I use avocado oil)
5 cups rolled oats
1 cup raw almonds, or other nuts ( I use toasted pecans)
1 cup dried fruit ( dates or any type of dried fruit you like)
- Whisk the maple syrup, sugar, vanilla and salt in large bowl. Whisk in the oil. Mix in the oats and almonds until wellcoated.
- Transfer to Silpat-lined baking sheet and spread into a thin layer. Compress with the back of a spatula until very compact.
- Bake at 325F until lightly browned, 40 to 45 minutes, rotating halfway through baking.
- Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Break into pieces of your desired size.
- Stir in the fruit.