Do you think you need to do endless amounts of cardio to manage your weight?
Do you think if you lift weights your muscles will get “too” big?
Do you think weightlifting is just for bodybuilders?
If you said yes to any of these questions you definitely want to listen to this episode. What a great time and great conversation I had with Nicole Kavanaugh, owner and founder of Just Lift.
Our conversation goes from demystifying the facts about weightlifting to learning why it’s important to balance your mind and not just your body.
Take a listen to learn a thing or two. I am sure you didn’t know about resistance training and how doing this type of exercise improves your mind as well as your body.
Nicole and I talk about:
- Her journey from cardio bunny to gym rat, and how she got into coaching
- Why she chose a format of just lifting
- The myth that lifting weights is going to cause injuries
- The importance of the mind-body connection
- Why Nicole teaches a group format and the importance of connection
- The myth that weightlifting won’t burn calories the way cardio does
- Why you won’t get ‘jacked’ overnight
- The risks associated with not lifting weights
- Longevity and why we want to be able to live our best lives as we age
- The example we set for our children by how we live our lives
- Whether you can lift weights when you have osteopenia or osteoporosis
- The importance of nutrition as you lift
- How we personalize nutrition for genetics, and how Nicole personalizes workouts
To read a transcript, click here.
To find out more about Just Lift, check out their website.