My conversation today with Dr. Cheryl Burdette was truly fascinating.
In the first part of our two-part conversation, we talked about all things related to food allergies and food sensitivities.
Are you suffering from unexplained symptoms, or having auto-immune issues, did you ever stop to wonder if or how this might be related to the food you are eating?
Are you unsure about whether certain foods might be triggering certain symptoms in your body?
Have you become frustrated because it seems that no matter what you do you aren’t getting any better?
Did you know that food allergies/sensitivities could be part of a bigger issue in your body?
If you want answers to these questions, be sure to take a listen!
Cheryl and I talk about:
- The confusion around food allergies and sensitivities and the real differences
- The 3-fold increase in food allergies in the last couple of decades
- What testing involves, and why direct-to-consumer tests often don’t tell the whole story
- Leaky gut, how it happens, and the impact it has on your health
- How and why to eliminate certain foods, and when you can bring them back
- The fact that you can retrain your immune system in relation to certain foods
- The 4 different ways your body can be affected by sensitivities or allergies and why all of them need to be tested to give you accurate information
- The potential impact of gluten and dairy on your body
- What it means to have a genetic tendency to a histamine response
To read a transcript, click here.
To find out more about Dr. Burdette, check out her website