Last week we covered all things detox. I certainly hope you learned a new thing or two about how your body works to keep you movin’ and groovin’!
Detoxification is truly such an important process in the body, and I am sure we likely take it for granted. We think that our bodies will just work and function well because we weren’t ever told anything to the contrary.
I often say that we think we are healthy simply because of the fact that we aren’t sick. We now know that is not the case.
In this episode, we dive a bit deeper into the detox bucket and talk about how your unique DNA code can have a big impact on how well your body detoxifies.
We talk about the different types of genetic tests that are out there and why we need to understand what exactly we are looking at and for.
We talk about the genes that are important for detoxification and why this matters to you and your health and wellbeing.
I try hard to keep it simple, pair down the science, and explain this in a way that not only makes sense, but with practical tips that you can use today to help support your health journey.
Take a listen!
Amanda and I talked about the most common questions we get asked about genetics and detoxification, including:
- Why people are scared to have genetic testing done
- The fact that we can’t diagnose or even predict a disease in your future
- Whether our genes are ‘set in stone’
- What SNPs are and how these genetic missteps impact our health
- Why genetic testing does more than just determine your ancestry
- What it means when we have SNPs and what we can do about it
- How SNPs can affect our detoxification process
- A reminder of the phases of detoxification and how our genes can impact those
- What glutathione is and how your genetics can impact it
- Why we look at ‘gene buckets’ not just single genes
- The hormones we need to detoxify
- The essential cellular processes in the body to help achieve longevity
- How we use lab testing to validate our findings
To read a transcript, click here.