It’s Breast Cancer Awareness month, and so I wanted to replay this important episode with Dr. Alejandra Perez that we released in January 2022.
Dr. Perez has been working in the field for more than 20 years and is now director of the Breast Cancer Program at Sylvester-Plantation for the University of Miami Health System.
Covering topics such as early detection and prevention, Dr. Perez offers her advice and suggestions regarding breast cancer risk and diagnosis. Learn what Dr. Perez feels is the number one factor for breast cancer risk and what we can do to take control over our health, and the health of our families
We delve into the topics of genetics and genomics and what that means for cancer risk and treatment, and what the future holds for cancer treatment.
If you want to know what you can do to help offset your risk of cancer, take a listen to this podcast. You will surely walk away with some valuable tips and lessons from this incredible doctor.
- The importance of prevention in managing your breast cancer risk
- Why making lifestyle changes is not a one-off practice
- How age affects your breast cancer risk
- Why we need to focus more on prevention of breast cancer
- The importance of genetic and genomic testing in breast cancer prevention
- Why personalized treatment is key to better outcomes
- Taking a holistic approach to lifestyle and breast cancer prevention
You can find more information about Dr. Perez at her university website page.
If you would prefer, you can read a transcript of this episode