Let’s face it. Holiday time should be fun and filled with joy and happiness. However, the reality is, often times people feel more stressed and more overwhelmed than at any other time of the year.
Today in my conversation with Melanie Hunter, we talk about how to find balance within the pillars of health and creating routines that help you stick with it, even in the most challenging of times.
We talk about the 5 pillars of health and how to address behaviors, sleep, stress, movement, and nutrition to keep yourself healthy through the season.
Don’t miss this one, you will absolutely find some pearls of wisdom to help set you up for success in the new year.
We talked about:
- Our expectations of the holidays vs. the reality
- What we hope our families remember about the holidays
- Starting your day with intention to make the day go easier
- Why family connection first can help manage stressful reactions
- How even a small amount of movement can help you feel good
- Why we don’t have to assume we’ll eat and drink poorly over the holidays
- Why 10pm – 2am is an essential time for sleep
- Not letting our to-do list rule our routines and priorities
- Breathwork and tips for helping relax into sleep
- How to handle stress during the holidays
- Why balance is key in nutrition and all parts of life
Learn more about Melanie and her work.
To read a transcript, click here.
P.S. use code SKIN10 to receive a 10% discount on this week’s featured supplements Cortisolv and StressCalm Px. Cortisolv helps your body resist and recover from the effects of everyday stress. StressCalm PX is a herbal formula that supports a sense of calm and preserves optimal central nervous system function.
If you’re not already a member of our Dispensary, register and then look for “+ Featured Product” near the bottom left of the page. And don’t forget, if you’d like personalized advice on what supplements might be best for you, contact us.