Do you find yourself making New Year’s resolutions that you simply don’t stick to? Do you wonder why it’s so difficult to stay committed to the promises we make ourselves?
Well, it all comes down to habits. If we don’t create new habits, and reframe our mindset about how we envision we want our lives to be, then most of those “resolutions” are not much more than a fleeting feeling.
Today we talk about why creating new habits can be challenging to stick with and how we can “habit stack” to create the outcomes we truly desire for ourselves.
Whether it’s about health, money, or our behaviors, creating realistic and sustainable goals is a big first step. But sticking to it can be the hardest part. Take a listen to hear how we support our clients and the things you can do to stay committed to your short and long-term goals.
We talked about:
- Shifting habits, rather than creating resolutions
- How to set realistic expectations without overwhelm
- The psychology of eating and habit formation
- The role of coaching and support to help you stick to your habits
- The ‘why,’ especially when it comes to weight loss
- The importance of commitment and consistency and how coaching can help
- Why our model of collaborating between the clinician, the client, and the coach can really empower you to stick to your habits
- The importance of mental and emotional health when it comes to creating healthy habits and why we sometimes need to dig into uncomfortable topics to find the breakthrough
To read a transcript, click here.
PS This week use code NEWYEAR10 to receive a 10% discount on this week’s featured supplements, Not Your Grandma’s Multi and E-Lyte Complete Powder. Not Your Grandma’s Multi is our recommended general multivitamin, and E-Lyte is a complete and balanced electrolyte formula.
If you’re not already a member of our Dispensary, register and then look for “+ Featured Product” near the bottom left of the page.
And don’t forget, if you’d like personalized advice on what supplements might be best for you, contact us.