In this episode, I break down the facts and the fiction about the GLP-1 agonists — semaglutide such as Ozempic, Wegovy and Monjuaro.
I break down some of the myths and facts about these peptides and shed some light on important implications surrounding their use.
If you are confused about what they are and what they do, take a listen.
If you are debating if it’s right for you, take a listen.
If you want to understand how these drugs work, take a listen.
I am sure you will enjoy this podcast and I would love to hear your feedback.
I talked about:
- What exactly Ozempic and the other semaglutides are and how they work in the body
- How they work in the brain to decrease appetite
- Whether these drugs also reverse insulin resistance
- The other medical issues that can be improved when someone takes these drugs
- The fact that 96-97% of the population is metabolically unstable
- The weight circumference that puts you at risk for type 2 diabetes
- The reported side effects of semaglutides
- How these drugs should be dosed and used in cycles
- Why taking these drugs without also doing resistance training can lead to increased fat gain
To read a transcript, click here.
P.S. his week use code GUT10 to receive a 10% discount on this week’s featured supplements, Akkermansia and Berb-Evail . Akkermansia muciniphila is a keystone strain that protects and strengthens the gut lining and alkaloid berberine supports healthy blood sugar levels and enhances insulin sensitivity.
If you’re not already a member of our Dispensary, register and then look for “+ Featured Product” near the bottom left of the page.
And don’t forget, if you’d like personalized advice on what supplements might be best for you, contact us.