Listen to the episode:
Many of our clients understand that they need to make changes to their lifestyle to meet their health goals, but knowing and doing something about it are two very different things.
It’s why we encourage clients to add coaching support, from one-off sessions or limited support like with our 30-day Your Way Meal Plan + coaching, to regular, weekly sessions long term.
This week I talked to Tamsin Astor, Chief Habit Officer and author of Force of Habit: Unleash Your Power by Developing Great Habits.
We talked about what habits are and why they are so challenging to change. We also discussed behaviors and how to learn how to make positive changes.
Our conversation also takes on its own momentum when we talked about how we help our clients change, and that having an impact on overall wellness is all about connecting to ourselves.
We have become so disconnected in this world recently, and we looked at what it takes to get re-centered and re-focused.
I absolutely loved this conversation and could have talked to Tamsin for hours! Take a listen and I’m sure you’ll love this one as much as I did.
We talked about:
- What habits really are — and why you need all 3 parts to build a successful habit
- Why nourishment isn’t just about depriving your body of sugar
- How to balance the ‘how’ and the ‘why’ of creating a healthy lifestyle
- Accepting that you’re not creating habits in a vacuum – and learning to incorporate your environment and life into your vision for a different life to make habits stick
- Tamsin’s story and how she built habits slowly to get back to the life she wanted to live
If you prefer, you can read a transcript of this episode.
Learn more about Tamsin at her website.