Listen to the episode:
I’m aware that a lot of the conversations around health often focus on women, and in light of the fact that April is Testicular Cancer Awareness month, I want to devote all of April here at the Rebel Nutritionist to men’s health.
I had the pleasure of talking to two amazing cancer survivors – Jeff Klugerman and Josh Alter. Both battled testicular cancer – one in his teens and one in his forties – and they share their unique stories with us on the podcast.
We talk about diagnosis, treatment, and what steps they have taken in their lives after going through the journey of having testicular cancer.
In this episode we discuss:
- How both of them discovered they had cancer, and how Josh had to push to receive all the necessary tests
- The treatment options available and how they decided what to do next
- The particular effects on them both of chemo and radiation
- The emotional aspect of receiving a cancer diagnosis, particularly as a man
- The lifestyle changes they made, and the unexpected medical diagnoses that flowed as a result
To download a transcript of this episode, click here