Listen to the episode:
This month we have dedicated our focus on men’s health. We have noticed that the guys in our lives just don’t pay enough attention to taking care of themselves.
Statistics show that more than 40% of men over the age of 20 are obese and that 56% of men over the age of 20 have some type of metabolic condition such as hypertension, cardiovascular disease or diabetes.
These are just staggering numbers. Our goal this month is to help create awareness. Help men realize that taking care of themselves should be a priority and that these medical conditions are preventable.
My conversation with Dr. Mike Zahalsky definitely highlights this concept and our discussion goes from infertility to andropause and how each impacts a man’s wellbeing.
Dr Mike shares his experience and knowledge and the strategies that he uses in his practice to help men feel better. Oftentimes men feel like they are alone or that they are the only one suffering from a condition. Dr. Mike talks about how he treats common, but not talked about, concerns such as low testosterone, and the options available.
We also talk about infertility and some of the alarming statistics around male infertility. I am sure you will learn something new along the way.
To all of our male listeners, be sure you are taking good care of yourselves and are finding proactive ways to keep yourselves healthy!!! For the rest of you, please share this with the men in your lives who you care about!!
In this episode we discuss:
- Dr. Mike’s experience on the show Survivor, and the realities of ‘aqua dumping’
- Why men need to take better control of their health, especially as they get older
- Andropause, what it is, and what impact it can have on a man’s life
- The different approaches Dr. Mike and I take to helping someone with low testosterone and how our approaches can complement each other
- How Dr. Mike treats patients with infertility and the different options available
- The massive decrease in one particular number over the last 10 years, and how it’s affecting infertility nationwide
To download a transcript of this episode, click here
To learn more about Dr. Zahalsky and where you can find him. Check out his website.