Today I had the pleasure of sitting down with our very own certified personal trainer, Jessie Ben Dayan. We had an amazing conversation about the myths and facts surrounding weight lifting, cardio workouts and all things in between.
If you are confused about whether or not you should incorporate weights into your routine, or if you are unsure about how to even begin to think about exercise, this is the podcast for you.
Think you need to do a million sit ups to build abs, or core strength? Take a listen to what Jessie has to say about all of that.
If you want to gain a better perspective about how and what types of exercises to do, this podcast is a must. This was fun, light and chock full of information. Take a listen I am quite sure you will learn a thing or two about how to best move your body!
We talked about:
- How to add exercise into your weight loss plan in a way that allows you to meet your goals
- Why the ‘cardio bunny’ approach to fitness isn’t sustainable
- Why a personalized approach to exercise is the most efficient way to work long term
- The best way to start resistance training
- Why women can never really ‘bulk up’, even if they do lift weights
- The importance of muscle as the engine of your system
- Why rest and recovery is just as important as active training on your fitness journey
- The benefits of working with a trainer to bring the right habits into your exercise routine
For a transcript, click here.