There are so many misconceptions about weightlifting and resistance training out there — and I hear lots of them every day at the Brandwein Institute.
The truth is, resistance training doesn’t have to be miserable, it definitely shouldn’t be causing you pain — and you don’t even need to be doing it in a gym!
Listen to part 2 of my interview with our new in-house personal trainer, Jessie Ben Dayan, as we talk about the common myths around weightlifting and working out in general.
We talked about:
- Why you don’t need to do hundreds of crunches to have great abs
- The added benefits of using balance exercises to engage your core
- Why working out for health and longevity leads to looking better too
- Why you don’t need to work out hours a day to stay fit
- The importance of movement (not just exercise) throughout the day
- The natural mood reset you get when working out
- All the places you can work out that aren’t the gym
- Why accountability can really improve your consistency at working out
For a transcript, click here.