Let’s face it, raising kids can be challenging. We all want the best for our children, and teaching them how to take care of themselves is an important job for us parents. Speaking from experience, I know what it’s like to get the push back from not only my kids, but from society itself.
We are endlessly inundated with mixed messages and false advertising from the food industry, and sometimes, trying to do the “right thing” can be exhausting. In this podcast, Amanda and I talk about the challenges we face in sticking to our guns and staying true to the conviction we have as parents to feed our children food that helps to nourish their body and mind.
If you are frustrated, confused, or tired of fighting with your kids about food, take a listen to this podcast as we offer up some great advice for those of you who are struggling to feed your children. I can guarantee you that there is a light at the end of this tunnel, and that staying true to your convictions, pay off not only short term but in the long run as well.
Take a listen to this enlightening conversation, as I assure you, it will help ease your mind about how to nourish your kids. It’s really not quite as hard as you may think.
We talked about:
- The insurmountable expectations and demands on kids today
- How to expose your kid to a healthy lifestyle from day 1
- The problem with the kids’ menu
- Passing down the problem of not knowing how to cook
- Finding a balance between healthy foods and what other kids are eating
- Why it’s so important that the dining table is not just about food
- How to make healthy AND delicious food
- Why vitamins and minerals are so essential to our development and health
- The outdated nutritional guidelines and the knock-on problems they cause
- The snacking dilemma and teaching our kids about their hunger cues
For a transcript, click here.