Let’s face it. Who hasn’t felt lonely? Who hasn’t felt lost at one time or another? Have you been made to feel bad if you even consider asking for help? Do you feel as though you might be viewed as “weak?”
These are just some of the questions that Amanda and I discuss in this podcast. Why are we talking about this? Because we want to make a change. We want to make a difference in people’s lives.
In a world where we seem to have lost our connection to each other, where we seem to focus on the individual rather than the collective, we have realized that this is in fact taking a huge toll on not just our mental well-being but on our physical health as well.
In an effort to bring people back together, to heal, and to create a sense of belonging and support, we have created our Community Facebook Group.
Yes, we know there are a ton of groups out there. We are looking to be different.
We are not selling anything, and we have no agenda. Our sole goal for this is to provide you with resources, with valid and accurate information and a way to connect with one another.
Come join us for our Live Kick off on October 6th at noon. Yes, there will be the replay and we will record it. So come with your questions and your curiosity. We are excited to engage and connect with you!!
We talked about:
- The rise in mental and physical health issues and how they are compounded by social isolation
- Why your current community might not be a place where you feel supported in your health journey
- How hard is it sometimes to separate from the noise and advice online
- Why sometimes traditional medical advice can conflict with what your body needs to heal
- The studies that show social interaction is critical for mental and physical health
- The cultural pressure to not ask for help and how this is hurting us
Come join us for our Facebook Live on October 6th at noon ET on our Facebook page!
If you prefer, you can read a transcript of this podcast.