Welcome back to part two of our fabulous conversation with Ky Evans and Jodi Vanderlie
Today we bring Jodi into the conversation and she and I go a little deeper in relation to nutrition and exercise.
Jodi talks about the four pillars of the LIFT lounge philosophy and why it is so important that people embrace this concept.
We talk about the importance of self-care and how self-sabotaging behaviors prevent people from staying committed and focused on staying consistent with any type of exercise regimen.
And how investing in yourself is a ‘workin’ not a workout.
We of course cover nutrition and food and how recognizing that food is so much more than the meals you string together.
Loved this conversation and love the energy that these two amazing entreprenuers bring to the table!
I am sure you will love it as much as I did doing this interview.
Jodi, Ky and I talk about:
- The 4 pillars of the Lift Lounge – nutrition, mindset, accountability, and customized training
- How hard it can be when your initial results tail off
- The importance of taking a deep dive into your personalized DNA and what that means you need in terms of training and nutrition
- Once you acknowledge there is no quick fix, you need to be willing to do the work
- The importance of consistency rather than variability
- Why you need to work the whole body and not just one part at a time
- Why it’s always about choosing your hard
- The cost of personalized plans and what value you get for that
- Why quality of life is important
- The energy, time, and money you’ve already spent on poor advice and ‘quick fix’ diets
- The fact that if you end up with an injury, the preventative work will really pay off
- How meditation can make a huge difference to your mindset
- How we use calories is different for everybody
You can find more information about Ky and the Lift Lounge on their website. For a transcript of this episode, click here.
For a transcript of this episode, click here.