If you, or someone you know is dealing with osteopenia or osteoporosis, you are going to want to listen to this great conversation I had with Dawn Holey, owner of OsteoStrong in Ft. Lauderdale.
If you are trying to understand how to best manage this condition, and are confused about the information you are getting, even from your doctor, then take a listen to learn how to best manage your condition and what to do, from a natural perspective that can help you thwart off bone loss. Bone health is a big deal and we at the Brandwein Institute want you to know that we are here to support your efforts and can help make sense of the conflicting information that is often presented in this arena.
Dawn’s own personal journey and her subsequent passion for helping others maintain and optimize bone health are fascinating. Take a listen to how she too is working to improve not only your bone health but your overall wellbeing.
Dawn and I talk about:
- Dawn’s journey with osteoporosis and what she’s done to improve her health
- The counter-intuitive way some osteoporosis medication can worsen bone density
- The benefits of OsteoStrong as a form of exercise
- The consequences of continuing to build muscle but not bone density as we age
- How even athletes use OsteoStrong to work through strength plateaus
- How resistance work can help us even from a young age
- The misconceptions people have about weight lifting
- How we could minimize the impact of osteoporosis for women by investigating and preventing issues at a younger age
- Vitamin D, it’s role in bone health, and the genetic issues that can cause us to not absorb it
- The negative impact of stress on bone health
- The fact the skeleton is an organ of the body
Interested in learning more? Find out more about Dawn at her website