Today I had the pleasure of sitting down with a fellow colleague, Gay Riley. Gay, like myself, is passionate about the work she does in functional nutrition and loves making a difference in her clients’ lives.
Today we talked in depth about the environment and how the air we breathe, the food we eat, the water we drink, and the way we think all impact our health and wellbeing.
If you have ever developed sudden allergies, arthritis, inflammation, stomach problems, or headaches, did you know that these symptoms could be the sign of a bigger issue? Environmental toxicity. If you want to know more about what that is, and why it matters, take listen to this podcast.
If you want to know how to find safe water, safe air, and keep your home and environment free from toxins, take a listen. I am sure you will find this to be an enlightening and informative podcast.
Gay and I talk about:
- The link between the environment and our health
- Being aware of what goes in our body other than food
- Why responding to environmental issues with medication isn’t the answer
- Our favorite books on this subject
- Why even organic packaged foods sometimes have harmful chemicals in them
- Glyphosate and its impact on our body
- Why we use a healthy home checklist with clients
- How chemicals affect our gut microbiome
- Apps and databases we recommend to clients to understand the risks
- Why education is the best response rather than fear
- The process of detoxification and what it really means
Books and apps we talked about in the episode:
- Toxic Legacy by Stephanie Senneff
- Seeds of Change by Henry Hobhouse
- Genetic Roulette by Jeffrey M. Smith
- Metabolical by Robert Lustig
- EWG’s Healthy Living app
- EWG’s Tap Water Database
To learn more about Gay, check out her website.