Today It was my sheer pleasure to have Dr. Deanna Minich on my podcast.
Deanna is a true pioneer in the world of functional medicine and functional nutrition
As a fellow “disruptor” Deanna has been talking about food as a way to heal the body and heal the mind and the spirit.
Take a listen if you want to hear about how Deanna wants to dismantle the idea of the food pyramid and expand our views about nutrition and wellbeing.
In this part 1 of our interview, we delve into the problem with the food pyramid, why personalization is key, and the value of community.
Deanna and I talk about:
- Balancing science and spirituality
- The importance of looking at the whole self
- Why Deanna considers lifestyle when looking at nutrition
- Creating a bridge between Western and functional medicine
- How functional medicine brings ancient medicine into the 21st century
- The need for connection in ourselves and with others
- How illness forces us to slow down and examine our lives
- Why so many functional practitioners have had their own health crises
- Dismantling the food pyramid
- Why context is key
To learn more about Deanna, check out her website.