Today I had a fascinating conversation with Rick Carson, the well-known author of Taming Your Gremlin. Rick is a practicing psychotherapist, and consultant to businesses, nonprofit organizations, and several United States government agencies.
We all have gremlins in our heads, the key is knowing them, facing them, and learning how to live with them.
We talk about our own experiences and how this work came about as well as tools you can use to help get you started on working on this incredible concept.
This was a great conversation and I am sure you’ll love the insight Rick provides.
Rick and I talk about:
- The difference between meditation, mindfulness, and taming your gremlin
- How we get trapped in our own concepts of who we are and how the world works
- Why awareness is the first step
- The importance of practicing awareness as a physical experience
- Your gremlin’s goal – to squelch your vibrant soul – and how to counteract that
- How this concept applies to those who think they just want to ‘lose weight’
- Learning to say no without explanation
- The different poisons that people experience and get stuck with
- Rick’s Zen Theory of Change
To read a transcript, click here.
To find out more about Rick and his books, check out his website.