Are you ready for part 2 of my fascinating conversation with Nicole Kavanaugh of Just Lift? Last week we broke down some of the myths of weightlifting. This week we talked about the benefits of working with others – experts who can support exactly what we need, and a community where we can lift each other up.
Mindset is a huge part of the classes at Just Lift and today Nicole and I talk through the mindset of being the person you want to be on the inside, not just lifting weights or eating a certain way to look good.
Nicole and I talk about:
- Why you need someone to show you how to lift weights and why you shouldn’t be ashamed to ask
- The importance of having one hour to yourself no matter how your life is going
- The benefit of being around people who live the lifestyle you want
- The current move to support each other rather than compete or feel jealous
- The importance of mindset as part of the Just Lift classes
- Why nutrition and fitness go hand in hand
- Why it feels so lonely at a ‘big’ gym
- The smoke and mirrors of what we see on social media and what we can learn from true experts
- The fact our body changes over time and that isn’t necessarily a bad thing
- Why you need to be the person you want to be, not just look a certain way
To read a transcript, click here.
To find out more about Just Lift, check out their website.