Listen to the episode:
I was so excited to hear all of the great feedback from our podcast with Dr.Marie Van der Merwe (episode 20), and I’m delighted that so many of you found it so beneficial.
So we decided to follow up that episode with answers to questions that we received from some of you.
Today I provide more insight about what the Gut Microbiome is, and why it’s so relevant and important to our health. I help clarify such terms as “leaky gut” and SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) and what these are and the health implications they have in our bodies.
Many people are under the misconception that if we don’t “feel” that we have something wrong with our gastrointestinal system then it must be healthy and balanced. But some of our strangest symptoms often start with an imbalanced gut, and we would never suspect it!
We also discussed everything from circadian rhythm, to immune health to food allergies – and how our GI health is implicated in all of it.
This is one podcast that you won’t want to miss!!
In this episode:
- We look back at what exactly the gut microbiome is (1:18)
- Meryl explains the difference between leaky gut and SIBO (5:07)
- We consider the impact of serotonin and melatonin and our gut health ((:59)
- Meryl explains how to work with our circadian rhythm (11:24)
- We consider how to make small changes to improve our lifestyle (15:56)
- Meryl looks at the accuracy of food allergy tests (19:07)
- We consider why food rotation is so important (22:10)
To download a transcript of this episode click here.